Finding and Retaining the Right People for Your Business
When I was ten years old, I had enough sense at the time to ask my step-dad, who owned three businesses, what the biggest challenge was in his business. Without missing a beat, he said “finding and retaining the right people for my business.” At Cornerstone Business Coaching & Advisory, we help businesses find and retain the right people for their business.
Finding the right people is very much like generating leads for your business. You must get clarity on the characteristics, experience, and communication style that you want out of each position in your company.
Below is the process in which we find the right people for your business:
- Achieve clarity on each position you need filled in the company based on your as-is and to-be organizational chart.
- Create an external and internal job description to act as a framework to pass and eliminate candidates
- Develop interview questions for each stage in the interview process
- Post your job on over 200 job boards
- Screen candidates against the job description
- Send qualified candidates to you, the business owner
- Conduct a face-to-face interview
- Assign them a sample project to get a taste of how the candidate works
- Create and submit the job offer
- On-board new employee
Once they become a new employee (we call them internal customers), then the real work begins. Many business owners, out of pure exhaustion, do very little to set expectations on the results they expect from the new employee. Our team will work with you to define the results you want to measure, establish the measurement system, and implement the accountability system to ensure each member in your organization is doing the right thing, at the right time, and in the right way.
Schedule a call with Charles Alvarez, the CEO and President of Cornerstone, to discuss how to make your team productive so that you can start seeing more money go down your bottom line.